Building on the contributions of nearly 1,500 individuals from 169 organizations around the world, today we’re proud to announce the availability of Rackspace Private Cloud Powered by OpenStack v11.0, based on OpenStack Kilo.
With each new release of OpenStack, the Rackspace Private Cloud team takes on the task of further testing the OpenStack release with our deployment and automation tools.
This helps us continue to deliver our non-disruptive, in-place upgrades from v9.0 (Icehouse) to v11.0, it ensures our customers are able to benefit from the over 6,800 bug fixes, included in the OpenStack Kilo release, and it enables us to maintain our industry-leading 99.99% OpenStack API uptime guarantee.
Rackspace Private Cloud Powered by OpenStack v11.0 highlights include:
- Easier Neutron subnet creation with the ability to create Neutron subnets from a pool of addresses
- Enhanced volume placement via more fine tuned filters and weighing within the Cinder scheduler
- Improved handling of complex nested stacks within Heat
- Added support for incremental volume backups in Cinder
- Horizon enhancements that improve Heat visualization including template view as well as suspend/resume
- New End User and Admin User Guides for OpenStack
- Accelerate your cloud adoption with our new enablement services, now available in the US
Rackspace Private Cloud Powered by OpenStack can be deployed in your data center or ours, is managed by our OpenStack Experts and is backed by our award-winning Fanatical Support. We remain focused on operating your cloud, and letting you harness its power without the pain of running it, so you can focus on your core business.
Rackspace Private Cloud Powered by OpenStack Version 11.0 is now available globally.